Thursday, May 21, 2015

Blue and I





Blue is the colour between violet and green 
on the optical spectrum of visible light. Wikipedia

I drove her away from country hills robed in virgin green, dappled with violets beneath an endless sweep of blue
to her concrete vista of highrises, buses, people
and daydreams waiting to come true...

I miss you
With all the colors
In the world
Blue.
Sometimes I wonder
If you
Miss me that way
Too

Letting go
Is hard
But holding on
Is harder
And just between
You and me
Blue
Is my favorite color

You grab your backpack
Wave, I smile
We brave farewell with 
'I'll call'
You turn toward the bus-stop
I forgot
You were so 
Small

Then, I miss you
Like the first time
I let go
Of you
While a world full of color 
blurs
Into one big drop of
Blue

  
© Janet Martin

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love this. Thank you, Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyrical and haunting :) I really enjoyed this gem

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!