Sunday, August 17, 2014

Of For-never



For, "All people are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, 1 Peter 1: 24

Effortless, Day disappears
From here to for-never
Opportunity, my dears
Does not last forever

See, the outstretched Hour woos
Bearing our devotion
Ere its portion fades into
Past’s immortal ocean

Cropped, it seems a paltry thing
One wee hour; however
Side by side, soft, swift they wing
Shaping our for-never

Pray we, like a priceless gem
Cherish every glimmer
Hours shape the diadem
Where soon echoes shimmer

Love pours out in moment-swoon
Tick-tock tunes the Hour
We should seize its precious bloom
Time is like a flower

© Janet Martin

1 comment:

  1. Lovely poem
    Thanks Janet for sharing your poetic talent ... I am always so appreciative when I read your words as they always speak to my heart...

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!