Thursday, August 14, 2014

...and Then, There is This





Then, after kind words of comfort
When other have done their part
We must learn to be humble
And take their words to heart

After the love of others
A pat on the back, a hug
We must learn to be grateful
Responding with more than a shrug

And after the ‘you can do it’
After the ‘you’re the man!’
We must learn to accept ourselves
And then, believe we can

© Janet Martin
 

'aw, you're just saying that to be nice'...how often have we or someone close to us responded to a compliment in this way, whether verbally or in thought? 

O Lord, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me.Ps 139:1-5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!