Friday, August 29, 2014

For the Eyes of Wiser Risers Only


So, just in case we’re thinkin’ while we’re snugly sleepin’ in
That in the grand design of time we didn’t miss a thing
We ought to reconsider while we sweetly dream or snore
Beyond the bliss of ignorance God opens up a door
…and for those wiser risers He spreads out a wondrous feast
A decadent arrangement of daybreak upon the east
While dreamers dream and snorers snore and lazy loafers laze
Beyond that pile of blankets God sets waking skies ablaze


© Janet Martin

The only reason I can write this is because I had to get up early to finish some canning or I too may be among those getting up later, yawning, stretching and saying to myself, ‘well, at least I didn’t miss any sky-action this morning’.

Earlier...




1 comment:

  1. Such amazing and beautiful 'sky shots'
    I love the early mornings.
    Very nice poem ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!