Monday, August 18, 2014

Need's Abundant Lining





Lord, this load of love we bear
Paves life’s road with tears and prayer
Faith believes yet cannot see
When the end of hope will be

Need is not a curse; its pleas
Draw us humbly to our knees
God forbid our spirit craves
Ease as we become self-slaves

Greed is shallow; need a sky
Of occasion to rely
Not upon some self-schemed fraud
But with our whole, on God

© Janet Martin
 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19

...your Father knows what you need before you ask Him. Matt. 6:8

Sometimes I wish we'd get past this 'struggle and scrape' stage, my hard-working hubby sighed last night. 
'at first glance' I replied, 'I sure wish so too, and yet it is this 'struggle-and-scrape' that brings me to my knees over and over; a realization of our dependance on Him...



3 comments:

  1. Amen and Amen to all of it...from the "load of love we bear" to the struggle and scrape on bent knees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My head knows it's a blessing but sometimes my heart argues...:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!