Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Faithful is God or We Are Not Helpless. Hallelujah!



A guttural *helpless, heart-cry best describes my prayers this morning
for a world groaning in tribulation...
(just a sad few of the many countries in dire distress)
Earthquakes, floods and wildfires rage.
Terrorists torture and terrorize.
Sickness and sorrow burdens.
America and Canada grow ever colder to the
Faith these countries were founded on
boldly proud and blind to the reaping of godless sowing!

*But we are not helpless!
Hallelujah.

For what nation is great enough to have a god as near to them
as the LORD our God is to us whenever we call on Him?

Psalm 46:1-3 –
 "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way 
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, 
though its waters roar and foam 
and the mountains quake with their surging."




The battleground that keeps us bound toward Reward’s indemnity
Is fraught with what we ought to do and snares set by the enemy
Soon evidence through recompense from seed of word and deed is shown
What was concealed will be revealed for by the fruit the tree is known

Oh Lord, increase Your peace in us as we trust, whether old or youth
Broad is the way where demons prey on those who stray from Steadfast Truth
Your Word is sure; all will endure who feast upon Thy Bread of Life
The pure in heart will not depart from You though evil’s ruse runs rife

Desire’s vice and sacrifice no one beholds in full but He
Who authors birth and instills worth to we, prone to depravity
Where we all prove who we most love by the testimony of choice
Oh God, forbid Your light is hid by its indisputable voice

This battleground of sight and sound confounds the intellectual
*But corruption cannot corrupt that which is Incorruptible
Faithful is God, no matter what the godless, blood-thirsty reply
Be of good cheer, He bends his ear to hear faith’s guttural heart-cry

© Janet Martin

*Line from a sermon recently

Another hope-filled Hymn


Psalm 18:6-19 –
 "In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help.
From His temple he heard my voice, and my cry to Him reached His ears. 
Then the earth reeled and rocked; the foundations also of the mountains trembled and quaked, 
because He was angry. 
Smoke went up from His nostrils, and devouring fire from His mouth; 
glowing coals flamed forth from Him. He bowed the heavens and came down; 
thick darkness was under His feet. He rode on a cherub and flew;
 He came swiftly on the wings of the wind. 
He made darkness His covering, 
His canopy around Him, thick clouds dark with water.
 Out of the brightness before Him hailstones and coals of fire broke through His clouds.
 The Lord also thundered in the heavens, 
and the Most High uttered His voice, hailstones and coals of fire.
 And He sent out his arrows and scattered them; 
he flashed forth lightnings and routed them. 
Then the channels of the sea were seen,
 and the foundations of the world were laid bare at your rebuke,
 O Lord, at the blast of the breath of your nostrils. 
He sent from on high, He took me; He drew me out of many waters.
 He rescued me from my strong enemy and from those who hated me,
 for they were too mighty for me. 
They confronted me in the day of my calamity, 
but the Lord was my support. 
He brought me out into a broad place;
 He rescued me, because He delighted in me."

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Janet! What a powerful reminder. Such encouragement in these words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear Marie. Thank-you for your encouragement through your words! <3

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!