Saturday, August 28, 2021

Celebration of Gratitude...

 

With everything going on 
sometimes gratitude is not foremost in my attitude
until I renew the spirit of my mind
and dwell on God's amazing faithfulness and grace!

This morning I didn't feel like writing, but as I prayed and pondered
 and as I began to pour my heart to page lo, and behold,
 the more I dwelt on 'more than meets the eye', 
the more 'what I felt' tenderly transformed 
discouragement into gratitude!




Life’s weight of work, woe and worry 
would weary without reprieve
If we had nothing trustworthy
greater than what we achieve
The heart is a wicked master, 
without God’s Word to direct
We are destined for disaster 
if we trust man’s intellect

Pray for all who worship boldly 
the created, but not God
He who is both love and Holy, 
Creator of sky-sea-sod
Subject to no one, above all, 
Has Supreme Authority
Mighty, merciful and faithful, 
truth and righteousness is He

Life’s weight of work, woe and worry 
would fuel a cheerless toll
If hope held no greater glory 
than the cold grave as its goal
Death and hell, are not annulled 
by apathy and unbelief
Life and heaven will be fulfilled 
when at last faith finds relief

Oh, the trophies of transgression 
would torment me till I die
But for cleansing through confession 
and Salvation's kind reply
Oh, the chaos that so grieves us 
where the fruit of sin runs wild
Would destroy joy; but praise Jesus, 
for the debt He reconciled 

In the thick of sickness, sorrow, 
fear and heart-break, hate and spite
We can face today, tomorrow,
 armed with God’s mercy and Light
When redemption’s transformation 
leaves our heart and mind renewed
Life becomes a celebration 
of love’s reverent gratitude

© Janet Martin

But this is not the way you came to know Christ. 
Surely you heard of Him and were taught in Him—
in keeping with the truth that is in Jesus— 
to put off your former way of life, your old self, 
which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 
to be renewed in the spirit of your minds; 
and to put on the new self, created to be like God
 in true righteousness and holiness.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!