Sunday, July 25, 2021

The Music of the Heart

As long as God writes the melody
the heart will never weary
of trying to set it free...

So much beauty to set the heart on fire!






A song can never spill the whole
of a heart’s melody
No bard as yet can bare the soul’s
full hymn in poetry

In the depths of the commonplace
Swirled worlds of splendor span
Like stars in the eternal space
Beyond the lens of man

Then, while we grapple with the surge
Of wonder’s splurge and laud
May whisper and desire merge
In pure worship to God

Pray we may never cease to thrill
to do our humble part
As we are awed by God, to spill
the music of the heart

© Janet Martin

I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; 
I will glorify your name forever.
Psalm 86:12

Psalm 9:1
I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart; 
I will recount all Your wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!