Friday, July 16, 2021

One Day/Step At A Time

This poem kinda progressed as the morning unfolded
stunning me afresh with the need to

We would wear ourselves weary with worry, 
but for what good?!
Oh Lord God, rich in mercy, help us trust You 
like we should
Help us to look longer at the lily's attire 
Until fear and pride turn into worship's pure fire

My little 'longer look' at lilies this morning
while pouring out my heart to their Creator/Clothier 








Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 
and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory 
was not arrayed like one of these.
Luke 12:27


Life grants us one day at a time
Then leave to God tomorrow’s dread
For on this ever-present climb
We cannot leap back or ahead

Futile to fret the ‘Yet’ none sees
Where fear and faith ever compete
Better to get down on our knees
And pour our cares at Mercy’s feet

For as we yield, we learn to trust
And as we trust we learn to yield
The love of God is not unjust
He clothes the lilies of the field

God grants us one day at a time
A step-by-gifted-step ascent
He holds the ladder as we climb
Where all we have and hold is lent

Then as we soften our grip
And cling to nothing but His Word
We start to taste the fellowship
That waits in heaven, undeterred

God ministers in 'breath-by-breath'
His purposes, oft unrevealed
While he finetunes the strings of faith 
He clothes the lilies of the field

How flippant is our finest boast
And all that mortal may applaud
How foolish to propose a toast
Blind to the faithfulness of God

Grace grants us one day at a time
Oh, pray that our goal will be
To give God glory as we climb
From time into eternity

© Janet Martin

Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The [b]help of my countenance and my God.

Psalm 43:5

The World tells us to reach within ourselves!
The Word tells us to reach out to God and trust...
in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God 
and the Word was God.
John 1:1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!