Sunday, July 4, 2021

As We Behold, Face to Face

 

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face:
 now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
1 Cor.13:12


Now we see through faith’s glass darkly
But then, face to face, someday
When the murk of all things earthly
Is dissolved and washed away
Then there will be no more questions
As we, behold with rapt gaze
He who tested Best Intention
With Mercy’s mysterious ways

When this splash of dust is settled
And the ash of days wind-blown
We will no longer be nettled
By the whys of the unknown
Then there will be no more sorrow
As we behold, face to face
Without need to beg or borrow
He who saved us by His grace

He, by whom we are forgiven
Teaches us to trust His Word
While the way twixt earth and heaven
Is like a glass darkly blurred
But then, in death’s sacred barter
When we meet its awesome Yet
As we behold God, our Father
All our longings will be met

© Janet Martin

(and I shall see Him face to face)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!