Saturday, July 3, 2021

Consolation Canticle


This post is inspired be this dear old hymn;

We may come to Him just as we are!





When life doles out double trouble; when hearts break with bitter grief
Each day like an uphill struggle where disappointment seems chief
What sweet comfort to remember There is One who will defend
Then we weep with joyful wonder ‘What a friend, oh, what a friend’

When love feels too great a burden; thorns bereft of Beauty’s crown
When we groan beneath the hurtin’ and we want to lay it down
What sweet solace to remember There is One who will restore
As we lean on Him and murmur ‘What a Saviour I adore’

When the weight of what is waiting seeks to steal our present strength
When the process of the breaking strips away well-trained pretense
What sweet release to remember There is One who fully heeds
As we hope with humble hunger in He who supplies our needs’

When faith's altar is the rubble that remains of plans and dreams
What a friend we have in Jesus; no matter how all else seems
What sweet goodness to remember, there is One who will prevail
Then we walk, stronger than ever because Jesus will not fail

© Janet Martin

Matt.11:28-30
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, 
and I will give you rest. 
29Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, 
for I am [f]gentle and lowly in heart, 
and you will find rest for your souls. 
30For My yoke is easy 
and My burden is light.”
Jesus~





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!