Thursday, July 1, 2021

Oh, True North, How Long Will You Be Strong and Free


I can't help but shed a tear as I listen to our glorious, national anthem...
The Canada this song was written for is still geographically accurate
but the people, oh, it's the people that make a country, 
not the dirt we stand on...

Another great rendition of our national anthem!




I love Canada, and thankfully, we still enjoy many freedoms
however, I cannot glaze with praise that which is not praise-worthy...

Oh, True North strong and free
I mourn for you today
Are stripping ‘free’ away

Our home and native land
Poised on a precipice
Is scorned, ignored, dismissed

Our national anthem
Tweaked to please man, not God
Our House of Commons, prayer-devoid
Our leadership, a fraud

Grand worship-cathedrals
Deserted now for dreams
That disregard man’s Source of Strength
That binds a country’s seams

Oh Canada, you are
Hearts that once glowed with pride
You are the land for which so many
Sons and daughters died

And now some dare to think
(Wise in their own conceit)
That History’s permanent ink
They somehow can delete

...where ignorance is god
And atheism lord
And debt, a noose of corruption
Nobody can afford

Oh, True North Strong and Free
I mourn for you today
Because your/our strength and freedoms
Are being stripped away

© Janet Martin

Truth (and history) are indestructible
no matter what man destroys!
March on, Christian soldier/soul-dier

if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves 
and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, 
then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin 
and will heal their land.


Psalm 60:2
You have shaken the land and torn it open. 
Heal its fractures, for it is quaking.

James 4:10
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you.

Keep old books, find them, protect them
 because the info on the internet is censored and unreliable
at the discretion of darkened understanding!



Above all keep This Book front and foremost!


Our country is in the state we are in because this book of Everlasting Truth
God's Word, is no longer front and foremost in our homes!
Strong faith = strong families 
strong families= strong homes 
strong homes= strong country!

My heart bursts with concern for the country these  precious tots
are growing up in!!!







2 comments:

  1. Oh How I love your post, the honesty of remembering the sweetness of the past and hope for our future to bring the Lord back from Atlantic to the Pacific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thank-you so much for your comment! We have so much to overflow our thankfulness but also much valid weight of concern/fear!!

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!