Monday, January 5, 2015

Time Is Not A Lover





Time is not a lover
And in the end its seems
Utter disappointment
Is the climax of its dreams

Time is not a beggar
Nor is it a thief
Joy and sorrow free-fall
In covenanted grief

Time is not a savior
Its undoing way
Rends the heart with hunger
In its come-what-may

Time is no pretender
And its no return
Rivets the contender
With a long slow-burn

Time is but a pittance
Neither friend nor foe
Ephemeral threshold
Before the letting go

…and herein is the cap-sheaf
As its pulses plea
Time is the harbinger
To eternity

© Janet Martin

"LORD, make me to know my end And what is the extent of my days; Let me know how transient I am. "Behold, You have made my days as handbreadths, And my lifetime as nothing in Your sight; Surely every man at his best is a mere breath. Selah.…Ps. 39:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!