Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Best Day of my Life



Hold on rushing minute
You fly way to fast
What I’m putting in it
Will quickly be past
So what of pleasure
Or toil and strife
I’m holding the best day
Of my life

Yesterday is over
I cannot retrieve
One moment of it
To somehow re-live
Its triumphs and failures
Its measure of strife
But today is the best day
Of my life

Tomorrow is a vision
With no guarantee
I have no promise
That it ever will be
The one thing of value
I see in this strife
Is simply today, the best day
Of my life

In it lies each moment
Waiting to be filled
With the fruit of my choices
Before its minutes are stilled
So what of pleasure
Or toil and strife
I’m living the best day
Of my life

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!