Saturday, September 19, 2020

These Little Ones

Remember the Sears Christmas Wish Book? 

Oh, the excitement/longing that turning those pages would bring to children's hearts?!!

For my grandson the Living Waters Catalogue seems to stir the same kind of response!

Get this!! the day after they got it his best friend came to his house to play; 

(someone he has not seen very much due to the times we re in (COVID-19)

Well, he informed his friend he couldn't play until he was done 'looking at my new maganazine'!

This week he asked a little girl playing at the park

"wanna come to my house? I have a new maganazine' (his way of saying magazine)😂

And this catalogue is stress free! 

no need to worry that they might be exposed to something negative!


It's so important to guard their little hearts

and nourish their minds with upbuilding things!


Train up a child in the way he should go,
[a]And when he is old he will not depart from it.

Prov.22:6


Yesterday...


This morning...


last week...



Sometimes I wonder as I watch you 

Run and laugh and play 

What your pretty, sturdy hearts 

Will dare to dream someday 

 

I wonder what will dash and cheer you 

Comfort or dismay 

Will you trust the Lord to hear you 

When you kneel and pray 

 

What will shape you, hurt you, heal you 

Through days dark or fair 

Will you trust the One wo keeps you 

In His loving care? 

 

Sometimes I wonder as I watch you 

Innocent, carefree 

Watching those who watch and teach you 

Who you’ll grow to be 

 

© Janet Martin 



Sometimes I wonder as I watch you 

Run and laugh and play 

What your pretty, sturdy hearts 

Will dare to dream someday ...






  

  

2 comments:

  1. Awwww....so precious and sweet. I used to love the Eaton's Christmas catalog. How splendid that Living Water has such a catalog for browsing. I just went to their website and am delighted. Gonna take a good browse. So thank you.
    Wishing you a lovely weekend, Janet. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome! and yes, we had a busy, beautiful weekend. I know there was an Eaton's catalogue but I don't think I remember it. these children are proving that there's a thrill about turning a page that a screen cannot replace!

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!