Monday, May 17, 2010

Anything.........


I would give anything to be with you
Right now
Seems as the daylight deepens its hue
Somehow
My mind returns to that silent hour
Where memory yearns for the faded flower
But nobody anywhere has the power
To bring me back to you

I would give anything to have you here
With me
And while I shed a longing tear
Reality
Is a cruel reminder of things I thought
I had left behind me, long forgot
But tonight I realize I have not
For I still miss you, my dear

I would give anything for another chance
With you
Yes I would give anything for one more dance……
…..or two
But that is not the way life is
We cannot retrieve yesterdays kiss
Or the moments that we so dearly miss
That once we gave no second glance

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!