Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Heaven-bent...

 





Not so enlightened, as to be
Careless with hope’s security
Not so engrossed in earthliness  
I do not prize faith's promises
Not so prosperous I forget
The hungry poor who have no bread
Not so successful as to slide
Into subtle pitfalls of pride
Not so consumed with avarice 
I snub salvation's purchase-price
Not so ingenious I ignore
The One who said ‘I am the Door’
Not so comfortable that I
Am loathe to bid this world good-bye
Not so intent on things below
I have no heaven-wealth to show
No living proof, by quiet deed
Of compassion for those in need
No legacy of self outpoured
As evidence of Christ as Lord
No desire to be poor enough
To treasure most His grace and love
And count all worldly gain as loss
To marvel daily at the cross
To keep in mind, earth's lease is lent
And live each moment, heaven-bent  

© Janet Martin

Therefore, since you have been raised with Christ, 
strive for the things above, 
where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.
 2Set your minds on things above,
 not on earthly things. 

Col.3:1-2




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!