Tuesday, May 24, 2022

A Rich Canvas (of God's Flawless Poetry)





Where Mercy's faithful essence renews more than barren limb
He cheers us with His presence as we place our trust in Him...


Green deepens, a rich canvas for nature’s calligraphy
The land is young; it dances with God’s flawless poetry
Where wonder, like an elixir reminds the careworn heart
To trust in the Creator of earth’s unparalleled art

This life, so full of care would be too hard to bear, but for
The Lord’s unrivaled majesty only proud fools ignore
Where Mercy's faithful essence renews more than barren limb
He cheers us with His presence as we place our trust in Him

Hunger and heartache’s Texas vexes worlds beneath our skin
The belly of the whale perplexes well-laid schemes of sin
Where all we have is lent; God gives and takes, for He is Lord
Where spring is like a bower bent with hope and grace restored

Vales deepen; a rich canvas for faith's meek and fervent plea
Though spirits groan, hope dances as God spills pure poetry
Where a whole world of wonder waits to tune faith's ears and eyes
To trust in He who tends the gates/straits that lead to paradise

© Janet Martin

Psalm 138
I will praise You with my whole heart;
Before the gods I will sing praises to You.
2 I will worship toward Your holy temple,
And praise Your name
For Your lovingkindness and Your truth;
For You have magnified Your word above all Your name.
3 In the day when I cried out, You answered me,
And made me bold with strength in my soul.

4 All the kings of the earth shall praise You, O Lord,
When they hear the words of Your mouth.
5 Yes, they shall sing of the ways of the Lord,
For great is the glory of the Lord.
6 Though the Lord is on high,
Yet He regards the lowly;
But the proud He knows from afar.

7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me;
You will stretch out Your hand
Against the wrath of my enemies,
And Your right hand will save me.
8 The Lord will [a]perfect that which concerns me;
Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever;
Do not forsake the works of Your hands.


 The Old Cross Road (click link to listen) 
James Rowe 1920

  1. There are many paths through this world of sin,
    But there’s only one I shall travel in;
    ’Tis the old Cross Road, or the way called “Straight”—
    There is just one way to the pearly gate.
    • Refrain:
      There is just one way to the pearly gate,
      To the crown of life and the friends who wait;
      ’Tis the old Cross Road, or the way called “Straight”—
      There is just one way to the pearly gate.
  2. There are some who sneer at the old Cross Road,
    At the pearly gate and the soul’s abode;
    Yet I mind them not, but, with happy song
    And assurance sweet, still I press along.
  3. Others risk their souls on some new-made way,
    Thinking they will come to the gate someday;
    Oh, may they find out, ere their lives are done,
    That the old Cross Road is the only one.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!