Wednesday, June 30, 2021

The Bedrock of Belief, Or Not



2 Tim.1:12
For this reason I also suffer these things; 
nevertheless I am not ashamed,
 for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able 
to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.

Matt.7:21 NIV
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven,
but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Heb.3:18-19
And to whom did He swear that they would never enter His rest?
Was it not to those who disobeyed?

Whoever believes in Him is not condemned,
but whoever does not believe has already been condemned,
because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Romans 12:3
For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: 
Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, 
but rather think of yourself with sober judgment,
 in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.



Matt 7:7
Ask and it will be given to you;
seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you.



The bedrock of Belief, or not
Is the chief Cornerstone of thought
Belief is more than a mere nod
To accede existence of God
Where voice of choice cannot long hide
God either adored or denied

The bedrock of belief or not
Is confirmed by response to Ought
Rebellion or obedience
Prove who we serve and reverence
Either the Name above all names
Or Shame’s shameless and brazen claims

The bedrock of belief or not
Is more than a set of truths taught
These truths become love’s vow fulfilled
Proven by where and how we build
With treasure here or gathered up
Where moth and rust cannot corrupt

The bedrock of belief or not
Is either shifting sand or Rock
Graver than anything can be
For it impacts eternity
And is sacred above all else
For soul outlives this Splash of Self

We ought to give most earnest heed
To I AM’s righteousness decreed
Before Reckoning and Reward
When all confess that He is Lord
As we receive what we begot
On Bedrock of Belief, or not

© Janet Martin


So this is what the Lord GOD says:
 "See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, 
a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation;
 the one who believes will never be shaken.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;
 but he that believeth not shall be damned.

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life:
 and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; 
but the wrath of God abideth on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!