Saturday, May 1, 2021

Word Percolator...(written while the coffee brewed:)

 

We pour water into a coffee percolator and out comes yummy, black coffee
We pour all matter of material into our minds and out come all manner of words!



We set words free yet in a sense we take them with us too
For new words always percolate where former words dripped through
But if used wisely words can change the course of someone’s day (just like a good cup of coffee😋)
And in a sense, a life, as kind words cheer us on our way

Think gently then, for thoughts are always on the verge of speech
Who knows how far the ripple of its spoken touch will reach
To teach, to tear, to build, to break, how swift our words become
A hug, a blow; therefore fill well the fount they will flow from

© Janet Martin

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, 
be acceptable in thy sight, 
Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!