Monday, March 18, 2019

Monday Morning Melody


 Wowsers, the way laundry can hatch in hampers, huh?!

Oh, count your Monday blessings as a week begins again
As mountains made of laundry lose their luster now and then
As plans are rearranged to fit with change’s stringent stride
And all we know for certain is that God is at our side

Oh, make a joyful noise unto the Giver of its gift
For all that time employs is soon a flivver set adrift
And all that we hold dear soon sparks the tear where echoes tug
As what we make of now and here is sealed in Bygone’s hug

Oh, sing a song unto the One who blesses us with life
And teaches us sweetness of joy through trouble’s test and strife
Then lift a hallelujah hymn with glad humility
Where Monday holds the door again for likes of you and me

© Janet Martin



3 comments:

  1. "As plans are rearranged to fit with change’s stringent stride
    And all we know for certain is that God is at our side" --

    Very nice, Janet! But..do you really consider this a messy room? Might be a pile of laundry, yes, still your laundry room looks amazing -- so clean and beautiful! Makes me want to do something about mine (and my whole house for that matter) quick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. wow, you know how to make a house-wife's day:) I have the next 3 days off so I'm tidying and cleaning out drawers etc.! I cleaned up the clutter in laundry-room on Sat. so that's the only reason it looks ok (for a few days;) Thank-you all the same!

      oh! guess what I found in one of the baskets I cleaned out today! The daisy card from you! It made me smile right in the middle of messy and mundane Monday!
      Hugs~

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!