Monday, March 25, 2019

Hereafter...



 

Yesterday I had the hilarious pleasure of reading for the first time, the above gem-of-a-book written
 by Dr. Seuss for 'us older/obselete children' 😊
someone suggested at my sister's birthday party it might inspire my poem for today!
In a way it has but unfortunately not with the  
fantastic funny-bone that some fortunate writers are blessed to have;
 For the little I know, this one thing I have learned...
 We cannot thrive unless we work with what God gave us:)

This poem is inspired by bits and pieces of the week-end; 
conversation at my sister's 50th birthday party,
 Emily Dickinson's poetry and
a daughter whose due-date for New Baby is tomorrow!



Who knows what waits hereafter
Where mite-y/mighty moments haste
Will loss have earned the laughter
That gain can never taste

Will sorrow’s badge of honour
Bestow a fuller joy
And press its crown upon Her
Who bore its girl or boy

Will hunger be a blessing
And indulgence a curse
And scars the sacred dressing
Of labor, reimbursed

And will we learn through teaching
As seasons come and go
We are all tall when reaching
And small in What We Know

© Janet Martin

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm off to go look for that book. I didn't know about that one at all. Love the last two lines of your new poem, Janet.

    Wishing you a beautiful week ahead.
    Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank-you Brenda:) you will love that book. It makes a grand gift for those of us who are only old once;-o

      Delete
  2. Wow so many special occasions in your family and God Bless your daughter and the addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank-you Trish:) Can't wait to announce baby-news! We are definitely enjoying busy, blessed days!

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!