Friday, December 16, 2011

Venice


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFl7L4j5bpM&feature=endscreen&NR=1
(this video sparked the following poem)

The architecture

In the nest of a dove

Is lovely to the spectator

That is in love…


We were lost in blue that day

Blue sky and blue sea

But all I really remember

Were your blue eyes watching me


There was sound all around

But we didn’t hear

As the gondoliers hailed each other

I felt your lips on my ear


And the wind swooping through the canal

Rousing rivulets of desire

As the sun fell, a molten ball

Melting across the water


While we glanced sympathetically

At stragglers on the pier

Lost in books and newspapers

Or envious stares...


The architecture

In the nest of a dove

Is breath-taking

To the spectator in love


We didn’t need Venice

To make us smile

But I think Venice needed us

Just for a little while…


J~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!