Thursday, December 15, 2011

Good Morning...


I feel you pressing into me
With warm translucent sigh
As fingertips, more sensed than seen
Brush slumber from the sky

You do not tap my window pane
Yet I know you are there
Whispering to me in the rain
And softening the air

You rouse me from unconsciousness
And yet you never speak
But kindly tug night’s blanket back
To smile against my cheek

I’ve never seen you quite like this
So I have one request
Before you slip into the mist
Help me to do my best


Janet

It is an unseasonably warm and rainy morning.

2 comments:

  1. Same weather here... It felt like a wonderful morning to sleep in, but couldn't stay in bed, as Olivia had to go to school. We had fun 'singing in the rain' as we waited for the bus though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this poem stirred me awake, but I had a few commitments before I could write it. I had to fight the urge not to crawl back under the covers when I got home because it still 'felt' dark!
    I LOVE this weather even if Christmas is a week away...sorry. It may snow on Christmas Eve day...

    Since my daughter leaves the house at 6:00 a.m. I thank God for EVERY un-slippery morning!

    Funny how circumstance shapes perception, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!