Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Something New...


http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/poetic-asides/poetry-prompts/wednesday-poetry-prompts-159

(my serious approach)

This year I’m going to start something new
I’m going to spend more time with you
You never complain at my slip-shod excuses
Or leave, though I’ve broken too many promises
You always wait until I find a minute
To pause and piously put you in it
Sometimes I wonder how you still love me
You would have plenty of reasons to leave
But you go on loving in spite of my choices
Though I dash off in reply to other voices
Then, when they are unfaithful or wander too far
I turn to find you and there you are
With your arms wide open to hold me near
You tell me I’m forgiven; brush away my tear
God, help me, I want to start something new
I want to spend more time with You

Janet~

3 comments:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!