Thursday, January 13, 2022

Word-Girded



Dear fellow-friend, fellow-trav'ler
I pray for us today
That we would search and trust God's word
To show and lead the way

Eph.6:13-17
Therefore take up the whole armor of God, 
that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, 
and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, 
having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
  above all, taking the shield of faith 
with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
  And take the helmet of salvation, 
and the sword of the Spirit, 
which is the word of God;

And here it is, all the above in One!

and all other books ever written
cannot take the place of This one, 
the Eternal Word of God...

'Heaven and earth will pass away, 
but my words will never pass away.'
Matt. 24:35

By Thy word, Lord, not mind's logic,
Let the lens that we look through
Slay doubt’s deathly and demonic
Misconceptions about You

Shine Thy word, a lamp to our feet
And a light unto life's path
Let salvation’s message repeat
Man's redemption from Thy wrath

When temptation tries and teases
We are more than conquerors
If we put our faith in Jesus
Man’s divine deliverer

In this world we will have trouble
Sorrow is love’s compromise
Time is like a bobbing bubble
Cupping an eternal prize

By Thy Word, Lord, let love's witness
Be honest and undefiled
Lead us in paths of righteousness
Thou, our/my Father, I/we, Thy Child

Thou, the Author of salvation
Knew our best would be inept
By Thy blood-bought invitation
We are saved if we accept

By Thy Word, Lord, not sight’s onus
Let faith’s mind be stayed on Thee
Let the perfect peace You promise
Be our cry of victory

© Janet Martin

(this post was first written in first person, me/my
then I prayed for my family and changed it to we/our,
then I prayed for my extended family (you)
and in the end it became a poem for all of us!!🙏💖)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!