Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Beautiful Pause...

Mystery guest (ID help welcome!)
A bird expert has suggested that it looks like 
a female Brown-headed Cowbird!
Thank-you!


Mourning Dove

Downy Woodpecker

Juncos 


Goldfinch and chickadee


The nuthatch wouldn't sit still long enough
for me to get a clear shot...

...and the cardinal got away before I could get a photo!

A feathered flurry of delight
Brings laughter to an afternoon
Soft-pillowed in billows of white
As music notes in nature’s tune
Are muffled by the gale that sweeps
Across the countryside and lane
Where summer songs wait, sound asleep
Beneath a snowflake counterpane

…and it is beautiful to pause
To ‘look at the birds of the air’
And feel a bit better because
Of Who bestows to them, kind care
And to remember what He said,
'Are you not of more worth than they?'
And trust Him for our daily bread
And every other come-what-may

© Janet Martin

Matt.10:31
Do not fear therefore; 
you are of more value than many sparrows.

...then, just as I finished posting I looked up
and lo and behold, I espied a flash of red!
Mr. Cardinal was back
(a bit of a rarity at our feeders)
 but all I could capture
 was the top of his head and few tail-feathers😅




oh, and the nuthatch seems more relaxed this morning too😊

One of the first country songs I recall from my early teen years!


 



(one of the first songs I learned as a child)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!