Monday, January 31, 2022

Perfect For Love



The evils of this world cannot keep kindnesses at bay
Then give utmost attention to its Beauty every day
And live as if this life was heaven-lent for love alone
To be part of a mission that cannot be overthrown
To bite our tongue when stinging words could slip and hit their mark
To never mind if no one sees but God (He sees the heart)
And to do unto others as we would they do to us
To be gentle and patient; rather than shake fists and cuss
Because kindness is something that this world could use more of
No matter where we are, today is just perfect for love

© Janet Martin



Wouldn't it be wonderful if when God opens our
ledger of deeds on That Day it would reveal
one recorded kindness after another?!

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; 
that every one may receive the things done in his body, 
according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

I have been the recipient of a few kindnesses already today!
My sister and daughter texted to ask how I am feeling 
after a few days being 'under the weather.'


Though not completely recovered 
I am thankful to be feeling a bit better today.


Two of my sisters and I went on a walk on Friday afternoon.
It was very cold but beautiful.
I got a bit chilled as we sat in this gorge(ous)spot and chatted for a bit.
Maybe, if I was vulnerable that was the final nudge.



Eph.4:32
And be kind to one another, 
tenderhearted, 
forgiving one another, 
even as God in Christ forgave you.



2 comments:

  1. A beautiful poem, Janet. Enjoyed all the quotes, and pictures.
    But...wear a scarf, it's cold out! :) Glad you're feeling better, get well soon! It's not fun to be sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 thank-you! hopefully it will leave as quickly as it came!

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!