Thursday, January 6, 2022

Lord, It's Hard To Be Humble

 

Sunday morning's message
esp. the part between 45-50+ minutes in,
really sparked a mental contemplation/conviction 
on my attitude; pride/humility/obedience/rebellion and
on how easily I want to become wise in my own eyes...

How brave am I?
How humble am I?
How true am I really?
Can I sing this song honestly without reserve?!!



The lack of true humility breeds wicked arrogance
It fuels fatal vanity and rebel’s recompense
It does not bend the knee or bow the head, strong in the Lord
But relies on logic instead of feeding on God’s Word

The fruit of true humility is generous and sweet
It watches for the enemy that preys on its defeat
Pride is a sly pretender full of destruction's death-sway
It resists full surrender to the Potter of the clay

The want of true humility, love’s bravest sacrifice
Grants no exceptions of me-me to reconcile its price
But obeys the greatest command; God first, then fellowman
It prays, not with phrase well in hand, but like the publican

The proof of true humility does not confuse or shout
Obedient sincerity leaves little room for doubt
Oh God, how often easily my best intentions slip
God, hone honest humility with honest fellowship

The feat of true humility is a long enterprise
How ever on guard I/we should be to root out all disguise
Because my/our very heart of hearts the God of gods can see
And only true love for Him imparts true humility

© Janet Martin

Rom.3:23
...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Prov.6:16-19
These six things the Lord hates,
Yes, seven are an abomination to [a]Him:
 A[b] proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
 A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
 A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!