Tuesday, November 30, 2021

This Life-We-Live Love-Letter...

Hope; what a bitter-sweetest word
for when we hurt
then we seek Hope!

Psalm 71:14-18
As for me, I will always have hope;
I will praise you more and more.
My mouth will tell of your righteous deeds,
of your saving acts all day long—
though I know not how to relate them all.
 I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, Sovereign Lord;
I will proclaim your righteous deeds, yours alone.
 Since my youth, God, you have taught me,
and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
Even when I am old and gray,
do not forsake me, my God,
till I declare your power to the next generation,
your mighty acts to all who are to come.

And here is our living hope!
Matt.1:21
She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus,
because he will save his people from their sins."
So,
All about Jesus
or
not about Jesus at all
Who is our life-we-live love-letter to/about?

'Where we are in the process of shaping love’s sacred sum
Then pray for fresh awareness of He who dawn’s page is from'





I was unable to share these photos 'hot off mercy's press' yesterday 
because our internet went down while I was working on this post
and was down all day!
Here is a bit of yester-gold to brighten today's gray😊


This life of you and I is like a love letter we pen
To He who grants the grace whereby we rise and shine again
Where we are in the process of shaping love’s sacred sum
Then pray for fresh awareness of He who dawn’s page is from

The grave will soon collect the boast and bones of you and me
Then, that which matters most will unveil truth’s finality
Dawn’s page of brand-new day soon fills with ink spilled into act
Where what we do and say portrays solemn matters of fact

How subtle is the shuttle of the loom that weaves life’s threads
Reverence and rebuttal groom the rooms of hearts and heads
Where seasons lent soon disappear into revise-proof past
Where the bough bent with now and here soon leaves sheer shadows cast

Love’s weight of cares could crush us beyond ways and means to cope
Without God’s hands to cup us and His word to anchor Hope
Then, when the heart is broken, still true love will suffer long
Through that which God has spoken to comfort and keep us strong

This life-we-live love-letter is a holy enterprise
Our gift to the Creator given when the body dies
Where each new day is a fresh page awaiting our reply
Where what we do and say writes so much more than meets the eye

© Janet Martin

Psalm 62:8
Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!