Monday, November 1, 2021

For Mother, Sweet and Kind



Between the bustle of keeping up with 
wife-mother-grandma-and childcare-giver duties/beauties
I often find myself drawing from a wellspring 
rich with sound teaching from my mother. 


Today my mom turns 79!
So thankful for my sweet and gentle mother💖


The green pastures of childhood soon turn gold with echo-song
While we reap the rewards of a kind mother all life long
How often we remember in the thick of living’s care
The memories of childhood and a loving mother there

Now often as we look back on fond scenes grown soft and dim
We thank God for the gift of a mother who honored Him
For as a child we could not see what the years strew behind
The precious, priceless memories of mother, sweet and kind

How swift the carousel of seasons spins and spills and twirls
And soon its eager children are no longer boys and girls
But men and women, moms and dads, so thankful to recall
Their precious, loving, faithful, gentle best-mother-of-all

...it doesn’t sound like much to tell it; how moms undo days
Cook-clean-laundry-scolding-holding-praying-playing-haze
With admonition for the wrong and kind praise for the right
We pray we too will leave behind a gentle guiding light

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!