Saturday, November 6, 2021

For Fence-Crowders


I'm trying to keep 'my eye on the furrow 
and my hand on the plow'
but wow, not an easy task 
while poem-breakers surge 
 where leaf ballerinas twirl 
and wanna-be-ballads waltz !








Sometimes duty feels like a fence
Where obligation bars
The gate between toil's diligence
And pastures full of stars

Sometimes responsibility
And ballad-bearers clash
As seasons throb with poetry
Where hands of time are brash

But in a world so full of ways
To amaze and enthrall
It is enough to sing the praise
Of He who authors all

And should a breath or two perchance
Be wrangled into word
Pray it will stir the heart to dance
In worship to our Lord

Then, though duty does not resign
Where obligation bars
The gate, may thankfulness outshine
Yon pasture full of stars

Because the One so full of love
Where hope and mercy brim
Will overflow joy's treasure-trove
With the wonder of Him

© Janet Martin

Isa.25:1
O LORD, You are my God. I will exalt You,
 I will praise Your name,
 For You have done wonderful things;
 Your counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!