Thursday, November 4, 2021

Monumental Metamorphosis...

 


I'm photographing this tree prolifically right now
because I know I could wake up any morning to see it barren in one fell swoop...



Summer will always relinquish its roses
Each season precious because
Soon we look back on the scenes it composes
With,
‘Wasn’t it good while it was?’

Nothing can deter the blur of time’s tincture
Constant metamorphosis
Reminding us not to rush through Now’s picture
But
Cherish with kindness, what is

Summer will always precede autumn’s echoes
Winter will yield to spring’s breeze
Darling, right now we are forging mementos
From
Moments that make memories

Summer will always relinquish its flowers
But there is no cause for gloom
Behold the buds dangling from yonder bowers
Where
Joy is a four-season bloom

Let’s love as if this was our farewell chiseled
On marble headstones because
All we have left when life’s flower has fizzled
Is,
‘Wasn’t it good while it was?’

© Janet Martin


Psalm 23:6
"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: 
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!