Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Sunrise Supplication...

 

I looked up from my still blank page
where I was waiting to get a 'leading/lead'
on what to write to see This going on!!







So I grabbed some clothes from the hook and shoes sitting inside the door
(which happened to be Matt's parka and Kodiaks)
and I shuffled out to the fence to watch and wonder!
(in case someone saw me and wondered at my strange getup haha)


Lord, calm the tempest in my heart
As dawn draws night away
Where I am about to embark
Upon another day…

Lord, let me not contrive from fear
Dark dread of what might be
But lean upon Thy Word so dear
Like leaning on Thy knee

Open my eyes to see
The gift of God that none can quell
And Thou alone can be

…with Living Water quench my thirst

From fathoms of goodness and grace
I draw from faith, not fear
Where, though I cannot see Thy Face
Lord, I know Thou art near

I thank Thee for Thy steadfast care
To help me bear my own
And for Thy whisper through my prayer
That I am not alone

© Janet Martin

I sometimes struggle between making a poem/prayer personal or communal!
First I had we-us-our instead of me-I-my
but it seemed more personal to pray this in first person
and my prayer is that it will uplift and encourage
you as you pray/read it!

John 4:10
Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God 
and who it is that asks you for a drink, 
you would have asked him 
and he would have given you living water.”


One of my favourite hymns...
(LOVE to hear the next generation singing these beloved hymns!)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!