Monday, November 15, 2021

Heart-effect

Set a guard over my mouth, Lord;
keep watch over the door of my lips.
Psalm 141:3

Let the words of my mouth, 
and the meditation of my heart, 
be acceptable in thy sight, 
O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

A winter wonderland to set the heart singing this morning (I hope) 😉
Contemplating what comes out of our mouths today
besides breath-clouds on the frosty air!



How cold the heart of spite doth burn
How mean then, mind doth mete
To tongue unlovely words that turn
To sorrow and defeat

How warm the heart of love doth leap
How kind then, mind doth spill
To tongue goodness and mercy’s sweet
-ness of grace and goodwill

How destitute are you and I
Without humility
To turn sharp edges of reply
To tender sympathy

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!