Thursday, November 4, 2021

Just Between You and Me...

I wasn't going to do this November's PAD challenge but just too tempting!
So many great prompts to lure me out of my writing ruts...

 For today’s prompt, write a correspondence poem.

I lack poetic confidence 
Just between you and me
These days a phrase with prominence  
Passes as poetry

 To write with utter disregard
For what was once the rule
Confuses this out-dated bard
Who is still quite 'old-school'

What authenticates poetry
These days, quite mystifies
In fact, it is not clear to me
If rhyme still qualifies

I want for poetry that steals
The earth beneath my feet
To make me fall head over heels
In love, when first we meet 

These days ink puts on quite a show
Just between you and me
I lack the confidence to know
What is still poetry

© Janet Martin

P.s. maybe I'm just envious of the poets who have mastered free verse
but either way, I enjoy this quote below...

Writing free verse is like playing tennis with the net down. ~Robert Frost


1 comment:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!