Monday, November 15, 2021

Like My (almost) Pet...


Some days.
Seriously!!

 I like to reserve Mondays to climb the
domestic to-do-ladder before another week of childcare starts.
Today required a morning+ away 
for dentists appointment, groceries and other errands
inspiring this rather wry ditty as I tried to get my bearings
when I returned to 'exactly like I left it!



Dear Almost Pet...

You’re always here to greet me
As faithful as can be
I think you think that I would miss
Your loyal company

You’d sit and wait forever
For when I go away
You do not flinch one teeny inch
Or take a holiday

You hide in any corner
And wait in every room
Amused at frantic antics that
Require mop and broom

Sometimes I think you giggle
When, laden, I walk in
With my arms full of groceries
Heaped right up to my chin

You are a little like a pet
That wears me to the bone
If I ignore you, you can bet
You’ll make your presence known

You’re not a playful puppy
No bunny, nor a cat
You’re my faithful trusty housework
Now what do you think of that

© Janet Martin

And what good housewife would leave the kitchen like this??!!!😂
In my defense...Monday morning is Jim's checklist morning
before his leaving for the week which involves Wife...
Let's see!
Do we have
Hat
coat
pills
phone
wallet?
yup...
"hey Janet, where did you put my heel cream?
I need it this time of year!'

um. I think I threw it in the fruit bowl on the table...

okay, where was I??
oh right!
thermos full of coffee
2 foil-wrapped omelets
cheese, sliced
2 sandwiches
meal/meals (dinner leftovers) in a foil tin for his truck oven
foil-wrapped pizza slices
fresh muffins
fruit
yogurt
cereal
bananas
h-m-m-m...
did I miss anything
oh, yes
3 sets of clean clothes
Hug
Kiss
see you Saturday
drive safe!!
headlights out the driveway as he backs up
Sit down 
pray
read devotions
make more coffee.
Make Matt's lunch
start laundry
write poem
look at clock
gasp.
YIKES!!!
I need to get ready for the dentist
That's my excuse😁

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!