Friday, April 10, 2020

Mercy-Drenched



My first thought when I looked outside this morning was "Oh no!"
(Seeing something is totally different than hearing about it, isn't it!...on so many fronts!)
My second thought was,
 "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; 
Isa. 1:18
Hallelujah! 

thinking about how seeing something is far different
 than simply hearing about it 
made me think of this song



Morning fair-gleams,
Bursting its seams
With Mercy-streams renewed
The brush and blow
Of high and low
Resumes its aptitude
We pause to gape,
Awed by dawn’s cape,
Stuff cheeks like autumn squirrels
Then go our way,
Forget to pray;
Like swine-herds trampling pearls

The dreamer trails
His home-spun sails
Like kite-tails in the sand
Waiting to toss
Star-studded gloss
Far from his untried hand
Where ebb and surge
Of lilt and dirge
Merge in a clash of chords
Where war and peace
Roar and release
Forging plowshares from swords

Love’s give and take
Begins to shake
The core of what we clenched
But lo, look up
God tips a cup
And dawn is Mercy-drenched
As white as snow
Our guilt-stains flow
With two words, “I believe”
And sorrow brims
With thank-you hymns
For the grace faith receives

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!