Sunday, April 19, 2020

How Are We Praying?

"Prayer is the most.important thing you will ever do."
and
"Prayer is the most important event in our life!"
two quotes from Charles Stanley's message below



Rejoice at all times.
Pray without ceasing.
Give thanks in every circumstance, 
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 
1 Thess.5:16-18 


Lest bitterness takes root and from it sprouts a deadly tare
Then lest it lessens strength while it compounds a weight of care
Teach me to rev'rence Thee, Oh Lord, for prayer is not a kite
To frantic'lly fling heavenward when things aren't working right

Lord, help me first to recognize Your divine holiness
Lest, not so much by word as deed I reject free access
Because the throne of grace is not some wishing-well-like thing
To toss down penny-wishes to a puppet on a string

…for prayer is not a quick-fix-it demand or pious nod
Prayer is faith’s humble reckoning and beckoning to God
So lest, I’m like a child prepared to snatch treats from a jar
My first request to You, oh God, is, teach me who You are

© Janet Martin

Today's devotion...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!