Thursday, April 9, 2020

Looking Forward to a New Normal after COVID-19


 (*the old normal was referring to seeing my family, my grand-children,
my friends and church-family...)
 But that will never feel like the old normal either!
So much sweeter and holier than EVER before!)


Yesterday I texted my sister 'I miss the *old normal!!'
 After listening to this: Night of Prayer
I recant!
"Oh, God Help us never return to pick up where we left off!"
(if you stop listening before the end of the video how MUCH you will miss💕)





May we not dream of picking up where we left off before
A universal wake-up call came, pounding at our door
May we never be bitter at the fear and loss that spawned
A humble reassessment of life and its great Beyond

The harder that the shell has grown the more painful the break
Lord, You can melt a heart of stone, then, cause our hearts to ache
Until we yield without design or some safe-guarded sin
And with repentance genuine, Confess, and thus begin

May we never return to live half-loves of skin and bone
Afraid of who or what might infringe on its ‘comfort-zone’
But may we, heart and soul, be transformed through our minds renewed
Humbled into love, pure and true, with holy gratitude

And as we pick up pieces after this disease is spent
May we revere the Hand from whence each day’s mercies are lent
And may we never strive to return to what was before
But learn, through prayer, as we let go, God gives us so much more

© Janet Martin

If my people, who are called by my name, 
will humble themselves and pray 
and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, 
then I will hear from heaven, 
and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2 Chron.7:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!