Monday, June 17, 2019

Of Helps and Hands


 We should never hesitate to reach or ask; 
sometimes the assistance we need can in turn be assistance we give!
But first we should ask God to guide! 

The photo below was taken exactly a month ago so,
in spite of the reluctance to warm up something to celebrate: we don't need mittens anymore!



If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, 
who gives generously to all without finding fault, 
and it will be given to you.
But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, 
because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea,
 blown and tossed by the wind.  
 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.
James 1:5-7

Sometimes I need a hand
Sometimes I reach, then find
The hand I thought I needed
Held by one who needed mine

Sometimes the help I want
While waiting on the Lord
Becomes the hand held to someone
Who seems to need it more

Sometimes what I perceive
As need, (but for myself)
Becomes the help that I receive
By helping someone else

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!