Friday, June 14, 2019

Fear or Trust?

"Wow!" I remarked to Victoria as I saw the 'cold that just won't quit' this morning
and turned the furnace back farther as it rumbled to life in mid-June...
"I don't know what we will do if orchards, fields and gardens fail! 
We always count on them to refill empty bins, freezers and jars!"

The garden shivers and struggles to grow...
(but, the seeds are in which is more than some can say)

Those days we pause to contemplate
The ‘what if’ that is not so great
Beyond the scope we commandeer
Then we must choose twixt trust or fear

The future is a fragile fringe
Upon which hope and heartache hinge
Its ‘wait and see’ wafts like star-dust
All we can do is fear or trust

We owe God everything we have
He owes us nothing; for He gave
The best He had to save the lost
Man’s greatest gain His greatest cost

So, though we do not know what waits
Beyond heart-harboured garden gates
The best we can achieve, my dear
Is to let trust out-muster fear

And offer up to He who grants
Far more than favors wrought by chance
(Lest with our fat cheeks stuffed with food
We forget to pray like we should)

…a heart that hungers to embrace
The Author of mercy and grace
And appeal to Love’s gracious ear
That He would help us trust, not fear

© Janet Martin

 In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; 
 let me never be ashamed: 
deliver me in thy righteousness.
Psalm 31:1 KJV


 But I trust in you, LORD; I say, "You are my God."
Psalm 31:14 NIV

 Psalm 18:2
The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
my God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!