Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Together Again


I like to sit upon a shore
It is not good to be land bound too long
Here my soul can fly and soar
Wafted on a turquoise song

The prison bars of soil and field
Have lost their beauty and fair charm
Now my prayers are freed, unsealed
On a shoulder lucid, warm

Trust her constant ebb and flow
Confide your deepest hope and dream
This is luxury, you know
In the lyric of the stream

I like to sit upon a shore
Dissolve into her ethereal bliss
Yes, I know we’ve been here before
But it’s never been like this

Silence is for the sleeping and dead
Words for paper and a pen
We’ll listen to the waves instead
For here we are together again

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!