Friday, April 10, 2020

God’s Ears, My Throat, and the Best and Worst Case Scenario


Like never before prayer is/must be the power we choose and turn to!
 Most crises bring people together.
COVID-19 will persist unless we stay apart to fight it, 
making the longing for human interaction a hunger
we have never experienced to this degree!!
So many things I think of to do for people to cheer them
I realize include some sort of physical touch!
Since we don’t really know how potent the virus is
even food-prep for others is iffy! 
(my personal comfort-language)
But God’s Ear, the most powerful bulwark of all is always accessible.

My friend, who is on mat-leave with a DARLING new baby
that no one can come and see or cuddle
sent me this when I told her I’m stressing over every throat-scratch!
Laughter really is a wonderful medicine!


 I read the excerpt below on one of my favorite blogs
 on today's post; God Himself Scraped and Torn


In a daring and beautiful creative reversal, 
God takes the worse we can do to Him
and turns it into the very best He can do for us.
~Malcolm Guite from The Word in the Wilderness


The best that we can ever have
Came through the Worst love bore for us
When God gave Heaven’s Best to brave
The Worst (Man’s sin) on cruel cross

The Worst that we must brave is small
Compared to what the Best will be
For God so loved us, one and all
He paid sin’s debt on Calvary

…so that the worst may taste the Best
Because the Best suffered the worst
Our prayer and supplication blessed
Because we are no longer cursed

Therefore to turn away from He
Who gave His best to save mankind
Deserves the worst that there can be
When little life is left behind

© Janet Martin


Turn away from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it. 
The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, and His ears are inclined to their cry. 
But the face of the LORD is against those who do evil,
 to sever their memory from the earth.…
Psalm 34:14-16

John 9:31
We know that God does not listen to sinners, 
but He does listen to the one who worships Him and does His will.


1 Peter 3:12
For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are inclined to their prayer.
 But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!