Wednesday, March 27, 2019

The Hope Of Man


 Sometimes when discouragement's condemnation threatens to deaden hope,
Sometimes when I say yep when oh, I should have answered 'nope'
Sometimes when I believe the lies of hope's vile enemy
I bow my head and lift my eyes...to Calvary

...to hear once more from days of yore the final declaration
Of "it is finished" as He bore and conquered death's damnation
and nothing and no one can alter Mercy's saving grace
Through Jesus Christ God's only Son whose love/life took our/death's place



The ways of man since Time began
Are not hard to predict
First Eve believed and was deceived
By folly’s rhetoric

Where we in turn must also learn
How disobedience
When we are wise in our own eyes
Yields bitter recompense/consequence

Aha, aha, the Time-tried law
Of lust and pride confirms
How without love our motives prove
We are all filthy worms

And without grace, ah, who could face
Death’s cold and morbid dread
The blood of Christ, love’s sacrifice
For sinner’s ransom shed

 Love’s Master plan, the hope of man
The hope of man assured
Through merit of a Saviour’s love
Upon a cross secured

Love’s uttermost becomes the boast
As Belief rends the tomb
Where ways of man since Time began
Would else lead to hell’s doom

© Janet Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!