Monday, July 19, 2010

I Can Wait.....


Someday I will hear the tick of the clock
I will be able to hear myself talk
The pounding of eager, grassy feet
Won’t mar a kitchen sparkling and neat
The cookie jar will not be empty again
And I won’t be doing endless laundry in vain
I won’t sweep the floor countless times a day
Or trip over toys that were not put away…..

There won’t be spills of cheerios and milk
Perhaps then my curtains can be rayon and silk
Endless questions and ceaseless chatter
Will not alter the ingredients in the muffin batter
I can sip tea and read to my hearts content
Long before the daylight hours are spent
But I’ll gladly wait for that day to come
I love having my children at home

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!