Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Best Sound of All


Sh-h-h-h, don’t say a word
Everything that needs saying has already been heard
The wind is sighing in the willow tree
The fields are a misty silver sea
Let’s not mar this scene with mere syllable
Isn’t this silence wonderful?

Sh-h-h-h, I think I just heard the sound
Of night as she spreads her navy shawl down
And suddenly the green tree is a deep charcoal-gray
Come a little closer, you are too far away
Together I’m sure we can hear the night fall
Isn’t this silence the best sound of all?

Sh-h-h-h, oh, what’s that you say?
Can you hold my hand, well of course you may
There’s nothing in the world that is nicer to do
Than sit here and listen to the silence with you
Don’t you agree as the soft shadows fall
This silence is the very best sound of all?

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!