Tuesday, April 4, 2023

The Dream of What Once Was


Write a dream poem, and/or...
Write a reality poem.

Sometimes I can't help but be re-astonished
by the estranged proximity
of outgrown dreams, where Bygone streams
with spent reality!

\...where rooms once full of mess/life have granted
the bitter sweetness of tidy silence... 


The messy rooms that made me lose
My patience, taunt me now
The days when I tripped over shoes
Have disappeared somehow
The constant noise of girls and boys
Adrift on childhood’s dreams
Have granted me the hard-fought joys
Of not-all-as-it-seems

 Who knew silence could thunder
In the aftermath of Then
 Where I dare not miss what yet is
While coveting the ‘When’
But embrace the Reality
Of Here and Now because
What waits to be will soon become
The dream of what once was

© Janet Martin





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!