Monday, April 3, 2023

PAD Challenge day 3-Waiting for spring



PAD Challenge day 3-For today's prompt, write a connection poem.

My daughter sent me this picture of Dear Granddaughter, and three words
Waiting For Spring🌺☔🌞


'Do I have your permission to use it with a poem?' I asked 
to which she replied 'of course'

Ah, just beyond bedraggled fronds of remnant drifts of snow
Beyond the umber overtones before green starts to show
Beyond the gate where we still wait with umbrella in hand
While raindrops waltz from leaden vaults across storm-sobered land
I sense the steady trundle of a sturdy wagon heaped
With a three-season bundle to be sown, tended and reaped

Ah, just beyond the pond still chilled with winter’s aftermath
I hear the dance of bare feet spilled to dusty garden path
And like a teapot tipped to pour sweet sips of mint or chai
I feel the earth, an eager cup lifted to catch the sky
Where just beyond the bondage of what Time alone sets free
I sense an immense barrage of buds turned to melody

Ah, just beyond the wall we cannot scale or clap apart
I sense the love and laughter of a color-happy heart
After winter has gone the way of every winter-old
After earth’s rags of brown and gray are laid with green and gold
After the part after the art that draws ajar spring’s gate
I know once more we will admit that it was worth the wait

© Janet Martin

Ah, just beyond the pond still chilled with winter’s aftermath...


After the part after the art that draws ajar spring’s gate...










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!