Saturday, April 8, 2023

Spring Drumroll



PAD Challenge Day 8-For today's prompt, write a homograph poem.
(similar to homonyms??)

One bashful crocus beneath a garden-bench partly began this drumroll for me😎


also, this happy *pear, oops pair, (*homograph) 
the other evening contributed as well
(thanks to a mediocre zoom lens)

I was trying to tiptoe in to get a better angle after this zoomed-in shot below
(because I couldn't see the female duck)

but, my movement alerted them and away they flew
w-a-a-y up-brook...


I heard a herd of thund'ring feet; a feat of sweet delight
The road where Old Man Winter rode away upon is bright
With hopes and dreams; it seems the seams that held tight for so long
Are bursting with fair fare of flowers, bare trees bear first song
Bored bystanders board bustling barges laden with a world
Of fond, fawned fantasies about to be bee hives unfurled 
The cold, bold way of snowflakes bowled over with buds that weigh
The sum of what some see as a sea of blossom-hooray
Where earth, a berth of birth responds to reign of rain cajole
I heard a herd of thund'rng feet; a feat called Spring Drumroll 

 Janet Martin






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!